Thread: Seven Finishes!
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2019, 08:41 PM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

Originally Posted by jmoore View Post
Great work SBG. What is the organization you donate your quilts to? I’m sure they are appreciative of your work. I think it is wonderful that you are able to help your 90 yo friend with her quilts. Your a great friend.
Thank you. Ours is a church group, but we have several members from other churches in the area. We donate locally only. We support the organ transplant unit at a local hospital, as well as children's shelter homes that are run by our church. Those are our mainstays, but sometimes we do extra things too... like pillowcases for the women's shelter and dresses for missionary trips to Central and South America and Haiti. Anywhere mission trips go, we can send dresses for the children.

Our group of about 12-15 active members has been doing this for 10 years now, and we have donated over 2000 quilt in that time. It's amazing what just a few dedicated people can accomplish.

Nothing is ever mailed off. It's all hand-to-hand delivery, which makes me feel much better about everything I give. Lots of prayers go with our quilts.

The name of our group is Love, Piece and Joy Quilters. My 90 yo friend gave us that name when she started the group.

Last edited by sewbizgirl; 03-03-2019 at 08:46 PM.