View Single Post
Old 03-05-2019, 02:25 PM
misseva

Originally Posted by Sephie View Post
Can you or someone machine bind them? I can machine bind a quilt in about 30 minutes, but less if the binding is already made. I usually attach to the back and bring to the front so that I can see exactly where I'm stitching on the side that matters. You can also use a decorative stitch. In my opinion, machine binding is more secure than hand binding, and since most kids quilts are washed fairly often, it would hold up better over time.

I think the idea to have separate kits with names on them is a wise one since there have been numerous threads on the board about doing group projects and conflicting seam allowances within the group. Trying to match blocks that different people have made can be difficult when the seam allowances differ. It would be nice to come to the group and have everything I needed in a bag, but you could also tell people to bring a sewing kit of sorts with their personal scissors/seam ripper/etc so that you only have to deal with the fabric (and thread?) part of it.
That's a good idea Stephie to keep one person's blocks separate so they will fit together. I was apprehensive about getting everyone to set their 1/4" seam the same.