View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 06:58 AM
entangled

Hi everyone! I'm new to QB, but not to UFOs. I have 7 that are are in some state of progress, from piecing and quilting -- and only one is from earlier this year when I had to chase off winter despair with some soft pastels (which are not normally my thing; desperate times, desperate measures). I have 9 more quilts that I have chosen a pattern and pulled fabric for. I don't count those as UFOs yet, but it would only take a moment of relaxed vigilance to change that.

My oldest current UFO is a improvisationally pieced scrap wool quilt that I started ~20 years ago. I sewed feverishly for three days last week to get the top done and the flannel backing pieced. Now it's too big for any floor space in my house and I'm going to have to find some 8' boards and try board basting at my dining room table. This thing feels like a saga. It has a life of its own! So, not a completion shot, but I feel like I crossed a major milestone yesterday when I finally got the whole top together (and then lopped off 12" because it was too long -- life of its own, I tell ya!).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]610079[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails scrap-wool-quilt.jpg