View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 08:17 AM
Friday1961

Default Has anyone ever......

ripped all the quilting out of an almost fully quilted project?

I'm going to do it, anyway; I've made up my mind. But I'm curious. Am I the only one mad -- as in crazy -- enough to do this?

I'm also mad -- as in angry -- because I created this mess by not planning ahead and realizing how it would look. And now I can't live with it. The project is the little red string quilt I made, which was an experiment to begin with, but even experiments shouldn't look, as the Brits say, like a dog's dinner.

I quilted it on my DM, using a serpentine stitch.....and that's the problem, I think. I normally like using that stitch but on this quilt it looks like stray threads lying all over the quilt. I think it's because I quilted it diagonally, along the X formed by the center white strips and in the other direction from corner to corner of each little square.

In any case, it's coming out. If I don't give up and throw it in the trash, I'll re-quilt it using a straight stitch, not in the ditch but beside the ditch. It can't look worse, and may look better.....and maybe I can look at it without wanting to weep! Or curse!