View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 01:34 PM
Battle Axe

I like your churn dash. About 2 years ago we had a churn dash swap here on the board. It was my first swap and I used my favorite pattern of placement, on point. On a whim (completely out of my mind) I put that top in the local Amish auction. Then forgot what day it was a missed the entire thing. My wonderful top went for $25.00. I was heart broken....but I have to say that my Little Miss Sunshine brain came to the rescue. I could make another one.

The next year I was astounded to see that top go through the same sale, hand quilted to perfection. Of course I bid on it and ran it up as high as I thought I could make another, then let it go. I talked to the woman who bought it and she told me it was for her guest bedroom and the smaller size was just right for her bed. I was glad it got a good home where it will be cherished.

A lot of us swappers don't ever put them together, just leave the blocks to languish in their stash. I might contact some of the swappers and see if I could buy their blocks.