View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 06:26 PM
zozee

I don’t belong to a guild,but I have been twice to a local guild’s show, which is held every other year. Both were 2-day shows (Sat and Sun) in October . Both times I attended Sunday afternoon. The one in 2016 was noticeably better attended and the workers seemed enthused.

In 2018, however, I entered 2.5 hours before it closed and the place was practically deserted. I had trouble finding anyone to answer my questions. Some Vendors were not even manning their booths! I was surprised by how bored they seemed (probably exhausted,but that doesn’t invite people to buy from you). They were most likely thinking it’s not worth it to schlep all their wares, put someone else in charge of their brick and mortar shop, and so on.

One thing is definitely a factor in people willing to do physical stuff—their age and health. I’d say 80% of the guild workers were over 65, obese, and sitting down rather than on their feet.

As long as the same people keep pitching in to make the shows happen, the rest will not.

Last edited by zozee; 03-11-2019 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Typos