View Single Post
Old 03-13-2019, 02:45 PM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Threadbanger View Post
I went back and looked at the listing. It was made in 2015. It has Pantovision and lightning stitch. What makes lightning stitch better than the regular stitch regulator?
It is super responsive. You never get the one longer stitch that often happens when going from a dead stop into a motif, like the long sweep of a feather frond or changing directions on a straight line. I honest thought I was pretty happy with the standard SR until I got my L/S. It took me about a year to decide to spend the $4K to upgrade but after I upgraded I was kicking myself for not having done it sooner.
Many more choices of stitch length. I believe the standard only goes as high as 14 spi and the LS goes up to 20 something (great for doing micro work) and going the opposite way it has large basting mode too the regular s/r didn't.
The control is a touch pad on the front of the machine, the standard was mounted at the back of the machine.
You can upgrade to Innova's robotic system which requires L/S. Not sure what would be involved to upgrading to robotics with a 3rd party system.

Edited to add that is a great price with pantovision (and lightening stitch) which is a way of doing pantos from the front of the machine. Instead of following a paper pattern with a laser light from the back, you are following pointer on a screen mounted to the machine and working from the front. Very convenient for spotting right away if something has gone wrong, like a thread break or bad tension all of a sudden. I am pretty sure it comes loaded with a bunch of designs. I don't know much more about it.

Last edited by feline fanatic; 03-13-2019 at 02:51 PM.