View Single Post
Old 03-13-2019, 06:42 PM
Judith1005

Originally Posted by ILoveToQuilt View Post
Hi All. Not sure I understand the swap completely. (By the way, ALL the blocks are awesome).

- If I only send a set of 4 blocks, does that mean I only get 4 blocks in return?
- Do all of my blocks need to be the same?
- Not understanding return postage requirements. (It is way-y-y-y past my bedtime of O'dark o'clock).

I am thinking I'd love to join in, but just not 100% sure of the requirements. I've never swapped before.

Thanks for your patience.
Hello Anita,

The block sets are sets of 4. I'm not being really strict on the block sets this time as the swap has not grown. So, basically, that means for every 12.5 unfinished block you send me, I will swap out and send 1 to you. So, if you send me 4 blocks, you get back 4 blocks. If you send me 8, you receive 8 back. (Maximum allowed to send is 20 blocks.) Please mark the blocks with your board name so I don't mess up and send you your own blocks back.

Usually when I send my block sets (I make sets of 4, it's just easier for me to keep track of them. You can use different fabrics if you want in each set. Or make different blocks, whatever you want to do. I will swap them out, as long as they are the right size and appropriate for the swap.)

But, anyway, mailing. I address everything. The envelope I'm going to send them in and the return envelope to me. I put the blocks in the envelope with my address written on a paper inside. I do not seal that envelope yet. I have the post office weigh it this way. Then I put the envelope that is addressed back to me with the return postage on it, in the envelope with the blocks. I seal it up. And, then they weigh it again and you pay for the postage to send it to me. Do not use metered mail. Metered mail expires. I use regular stamps.

Let me know if this wasn't clear, And, I will try to explain again.