View Single Post
Old 03-19-2019, 03:53 AM
WMUTeach

Originally Posted by Painiacs View Post
What counts as UFO, some say not counting ones needing Quilting? Only tops? Finished except binding??? Projects on lists? Curious
As you read through this thread, you can see we all define UFO differently. For me, I count anything more than 6 months old a UFO. I get distracted so easily and as mentioned here, some of us love the piecing. I see a new tutorial and I want to try the new pattern, oops a new UFO because I then wander off to another new design that catches my eye. Define UFO as you wish.

I found one way to get after the pile of unfinished projects is to bag them up like a kit. I put the top, extra fabric, backing, directions or picture in a single package. I then can whisk it out and not have to hunt for the fabric to finish the final two blocks or the binding. For me, it helps. I probably spend the same amount of time hunting for what is needed to finish the quilt, but when I am "in the mood" I can get at it and not spend time digging about and losing my focus on finishing the quilt at hand. This also alerts me to the fact that I do not have an appropriate back or missing binding and I can then use my shopping purposefully. A bargain is an even better bargain when it will finish up a started quilt!

Last edited by WMUTeach; 03-19-2019 at 03:59 AM.