View Single Post
Old 03-20-2019, 11:39 AM
Sephie

You're doing great! I like what you have so far and would really encourage you to keep going. It gets better the more you do it, and everyone has to start somewhere. After it's washed, you'll just see the beautiful texture with your wonderful piecing. I love how your quilt top looks.

Since you asked for ideas, I drew these out really quickly for it. Way faster to do by hand than on the computer! You could obviously repeat these designs in the colored parts or mix and match them depending on how you're feeling. I love continuous line designs so that I don't have to break thread, and you could easily travel in the ditch to get to the next star and into the center of the star.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]610569[/ATTACH]
1) really simple, straight dot to dot quilting, just echoing the shape of the diamonds
2) still dot to dot but with an arc instead of straight for a different look (one of my diamonds, I arc'd too much so just a nice gentle curve would do well here, I think!)
3) simple curl inside the diamond for a curvy radiant design
4) fern leaf shape? You can draw the stem up the center of the diamond and then do some skinny wavy leaves which is nice since they're intended to be irregularly wavy, and travel along the stem as needed to get back to the center
5) 3 layered oval/leaf-ish shapes. I did the bottom two first then traveled up the center to angle the last point into the point of the diamond

I think any of these would fit inside the echo stitching you've already done if you're feeling brave enough to try. We're all learning together
Attached Thumbnails hunters-star-quilting-ideas.jpg