View Single Post
Old 03-20-2019, 01:13 PM
SherylM

Originally Posted by cashs_mom View Post
I just started doing some EPP last summer. I've just done hexies so far and I'm loving it. I would love to take a class, but after a couple months of searching and not finding any classes in my area, I gave up and watched youtubes. I've tried several techinques and flat back is the one the I like the best. It didn't take me too long to get used to the technique.
I was just sitting here, practicing that flat back technique, trying to get better at it. It really does look much better on the front than just whip stitching it. My problem is that I want it to be pretty on the back too, but I'm having a hard time making the stitches on the back nice and even. I suppose it really doesn't matter, but that perfectionist side of me...

Besides watching YouTube videos, I bought a couple of books that have been really helpful :
Flossie Teacakes' Guide to English Paper Piecing by Florence Knapp and
All Points Patchwork by Diane Gilleland.

Both good books, but my favorite is the one by Florence Knapp. Besides teaching a lot of technique, she also includes some of the history of EPP and the benefits of working with your hands. She also has a blog/website that I like a lot. The Diane Gilleland book has some projects, in addition to the techniques.

Charley26, that looks great! I'll probably do something similar with mine.

Last edited by SherylM; 03-20-2019 at 01:16 PM.