Old 03-21-2019, 05:24 PM
wildyard

One of my favorite potato dishes is Italian Sausage and Potato Bake. I don't have an actual recipe, as I tend to just wing it. Basically, I usually use a lb. of Italian Sausage cut into chunks about 1-2", a potato for each person plus one for the pan (more if the potatoes are small), 1 onion sliced, 1 bell pepper cut into bite sized pieces or into thinish slices like the onion. Spray a cookie sheet or other shallow pan to prevent sticking. Mix all the ingredients together and sprinkle with Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Sometimes I add extra rosemary.
Spread evenly in the pan and cover with foil. Bake for 40 minutes then remove foil and bake till browned. Stir when you remove the foil. I usually bake at 350-400, both work fine. I like mine extra brown so the 400 is good for that.
No need to add oil as the grease from the sausage will be all you need.
Often I will cut the vegetables ahead of time then toss it all together in just minutes and pop it in the oven to bake. I have also cut and frozen the onions and peppers in freezer plastic bags, and added them frozen when ready to make it. They thaw and cook just fine that way.

This is great served with Italian bread with butter and a side salad.