Thread: 2nd QOV
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2019, 07:43 AM
toogie

Well I am glad to hear you're participating again. I was asked to join a year ago. I thought at the time, things had to slow down, get better, so I could have the time. Well, a year later 'life' is the same and I thought I may as well join because things always can get in one's way (excuses). It's the best thing I've done for myself. I am at the point in life where we are both retired and too much time together. I enjoy meeting with the ladies and getting out of the house. It seems we stay home and are 'available' to babysit at the drop of a hat and because we don't have a 'job' anymore whatever else we do isn't as important, or so they think. Now I have something to do that's important to me and gets me out. I've met new friends and the pride of hearing from and meeting the Vets, at the presentations fills me with emotion.
Originally Posted by ckcowl View Post
Wow, both are great. And a great cause! I just found out about a shop - not quite local but only an hour away, that has a group making QOV quilts. Now I’m motivated to make a couple of them. It’s been a few years since I participated In QOV Quilts. Yours have motivated me again.