Old 03-22-2019, 11:59 PM
JustAbitCrazy

Originally Posted by quiltedsunshine View Post
You'll love it! It doesn't have a built-in walking foot, it has "dual feed." A walking foot is so much better for layers, vinyl, quilting, flannel, minky, etc. But the dual feed is great for piecing 2 layers. You'll get best results in piecing if you use a #34D foot and move your needle position to the right. With the wider feed dogs, it's difficult for the 1/4" foot to feed the fabric through.
Thanks for the advice on the piecing foot. I noticed the piecing foot included with the machine purchase is the 97, not the 97D. What's up with that? Told the dealer I know I'll never use the 97. Dual feed is never disengaged on my Pfaff. Why would I ever work without it? Seriously. So she agreed to swap that foot out with the 97D for me when the machine comes. She seems very sweet. I will get 20% off on any accessories I buy within the first six months, so I will definitely buy that foot. I've already bought the open toe applique foot which accommodates the dual feed and another set of 5 bobbins. Yikes, those bobbins are expensive!

Last edited by JustAbitCrazy; 03-23-2019 at 12:02 AM.