View Single Post
Old 03-23-2019, 07:58 AM
Snooze2978

I usually make chili a couple times during the winter time, making a large pot each time so I have extras for the freezer. I found I liked using ground pork more so than ground beef in mine........plus the price is better too. I don't have a recipe I go by but just throw in peppers, onions, sometimes carrots, black beans, dark red kidney and light red kidney beans....usually 4-5 cans and then a couple quarts of my home-made salsa for the tomato portion. Plus of course whatever spices I have in the cupboard which will include chili powder, spanish paprika, basal (sp) and cyan (sp) and red pepper flakes. I just keep adding till I get the heat I like. Salt and pepper to taste too. I split each pot in half which usually makes 1 gallon or 1.5 gallons and put half in the freezer for later use. No one else can eat it as I make it too hot for them. I'm single so don't have to worry about that though. When I go to heat it up, I add a dopple of sour cream and green onions to the top after heating. Oh so good........to me.