Old 03-25-2019, 02:16 PM
QuiltingNinaSue

Snow in Northern Iowa again. More rain, more flood waters for Nebraska and Iowa along the river ways. The taping of a man coming back to view his farm, the sixth generation brought tears to my eyes. His 140 year old family home gone completely, his tools and tractors, belongings. etc. all gone. Cattle gone somewhere. As he topped the ridge to see the homestead...he broke into tears. They literally ran from the 12 foot ice pack and water advancing on them at a high rate of speed. They did make it to safety.

As I was typing on my computer Sunday morning, everything went black. A small 'pop' sound. No light or overhead fan working. But we had a date with his cousin and his wife to play cards and eat KFC; so away we went and then came back in early evening to deal with whatever had happened. Turns out, we were very lucky not to have had an electric fire from the plug in back of the computer. It melted down the plastic in the plug in and turned several inches of wire black. We turned off the breaker switch, and I slept the night in the guest room. It all got repaired this afternoon and lights came on, the computer and TV working again.Wow, life is suddenly better. I can smile again., feeling very blessed on our 53rd wedding anniversary on the 24th of this month. All is well that ends well.