View Single Post
Old 03-29-2019, 04:45 AM
Nita

Must confess that I am green with envy when I see photos of BIG sewing rooms. I refer to mine as a "One Butt Sewing Room" (okay to laugh). When hubby and I purchased our home, this room was staged with a twin bed and small dresser and that was IT, no space for much of anything else. In my One Butt Sewing Room I can fit all the essentials; a Horn Quilter's Dream table, a standard ironing board with big board for pressing, cutting table with storage drawers below, a pie cabinet for small fabric storage and a closet. Big window that brings in a lot of natural light. In one corner i am able to fit my dog's bed ... since he loves to hang out with me. I am thankful to have a room dedicated to sewing, but space is tight. For that reason, I am forced to re- organize after every completed project. Which I guess is a good thing.
I had been using big bins for closet storage. That worked for awhile, until the bins became too heavy to lift. So I am gradually replacing big bins with the 12" Iris Boxes sold at Michaels. Not only is this ergonomically better for my back, but it also allows me to find tings much easier. Each Iris box is labeled.