View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 06:10 AM
Nita

Originally Posted by Shelia
Nita--Yes, it's a Q-snap frame. I have mixed feelings about it. I don't have room for a large frame, and this one is lightweight and doesn't take up a lot of room. BUT, it's a little awkward when quilting. If I had room, I'd rather use a large frame that I could roll the quilt on. So, I have been experimenting with my BOM project for 2010...I have been quilting each block as I finish piecing (they are the pink/blue/white blocks on my design board)and quilting larger quilts without a frame or a hoop. I just pin it closely. So far these two methods have worked well for me.
Sheila ~ Thanks for your input. Yes, the fact that it is portable and does not take up much space is exactly the reason why I was looking into the Q-Snap frame for hand quilting. I'm familiar with the product line because I've used the smaller Q-Snaps when doing cross-stitch and punch needle hand work. It is doubtful that I would ever tackle anything larger than a wall hanging, when it comes to hand quilting. So, for what I have in mind, it sounds like the Q-Snap might be fine? What are the dimensions of your frame, if I might ask?