View Single Post
Old 04-01-2019, 02:58 AM
illinois

You have a deadline and this is to be a very special gift. Are you sure you want to do a challenge on this one? If this ends up being one of those "frog quilts", you might hate the thing before it's complete besides the wear and tear in the redoing. Too much pressure for me. Unless there is someone who is going to scrutinize this, perhaps this one should be quick and easy. Let the fabric/colors do the impressing.
I might mention to you that a friend and I have taken on a "project" of the kaleidoscope pattern. Take a look at that one. Eleanor Burns and Donna Jordan have youtube tutorials online. This pattern is quick and easy, both in construction and hand quilting. Donna will show you that the blocks can make 2 different quilts--Summer Breeze with stars created in the construction--and both she and Eleanor change the construction and it becomes an illusion of intertwined circles that trick your eyes. The trick that I encountered was finding a 45 deg triangle ruler but it is available through Eleanor or Amazon, if you are an online shopper. My friend's project has become Summer Breeze but mine are (yes, there are now 2) are kaleidoscope and we love the pattern. The only difference is what color triangle you put on the outside edge. Patterns are free on the website of both.