View Single Post
Old 04-01-2019, 10:55 AM
Mousie
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Judith1005 View Post
I dearly love coffee and used to work for Seattle's Best Coffee. And, yes, I know that they and Starbucks are linked. I don't like Starbucks hot coffee. I find all of it just a bit too bitter for my taste. I love the Seattle's Best lighter roasts. I love flavored coffees. But, not heavy on the sweetness. Just enough to get the flavor and a hint of sweetness.

But, alas, I can't drink coffee anymore. Or at least not more then once in a blue, blue moon. It gives me instantaneous acid reflux. It really stinks. Because I would choose to drink coffee over almost anything else. I like it hot or cold.

And, I have to agree. Once you go with brewed coffee, you never go back. It is a major different taste.

I can drink Iced coffee in teeny doses once in awhile. (But, not often.) I don't mind the Starbucks iced coffee that I have found at Walmart in the cold section. I do buy it occasionally.

I can't drink black teas for the same reason. Bad acid reflux.

It reduces me down to herbal teas. I can't drink green tea because it elevates my heart rate too much. *I liked that too. During cool weather, I buy an herbal blueberry tea. And, I really like that one. The trade off is that herbal teas give me dry mouth. So, everything in moderation. And, drink lots of water. lol, yeah, I know I'm a mess. But, for the most part, a happy mess.
dang gf, you sound just like me! nobody around here sounds like me.
(yeah, medically speaking, I'm a mess too! intolerant of everything!)