View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 07:54 AM
foxxigrani

I have tried them all, nothing fits or feels comfortable. Even the finger cots, they are too thin and when you put your stitches on your needle the needle pokes thru those. I have a rubber thimble tho that I bought at a quilt show it works the best but still a little big. I have tried all of the tips that are on here, still no luck. I even tried one of those plastic ones that look like a Clover with the open end and those didn't work either. Also the dots, they never seemed to be in the right place at the right time and they wouldn't stay on my fingers either. I am a mess I know. Oh by the way I even tried the hammer, that didn't work either. lol.. But you can't hand sew or quilt without a thimble unless you want to get stuck in the finger by the end of needle and take it from me that hurts...

But I am not giving up as I do love hand work, so will keep looking and will follow all suggestions. I have a ton of those thimbles that are cheap laying around, and some of the more expensive ones too. So I don't give up. lol.