View Single Post
Old 04-04-2019, 08:33 AM
Notwendy

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
I've tried all the things people talk about (fleece, flannel, flannel-backed tablecloths, you name it) and found the stickiest was W&N batting. Even my 100-pound black lab's tail wagging couldn't knock my blocks off, and I can even get full-size, fully assembled quilt tops to stick without pins.
I've found flannel works fairly well, needing only an occasional pin (one caveat - my boards lean against the wall so the angle may be helping matters).

I covered two 8x4 insulation boards as others on this site have suggested. I'll have to try out some W&N batting. I am working on an approx. 2x2 applique with dozens of pieces so could test it out on a smaller design board.

I don't have to deal with dog tails but, I have found my male kitten likes to climb to the top of my design board. Gah!

I had to put the second panel facing the other so he's only climbing the back. Not very useful as I can't layout an entire design without someone standing guard. : )

If I resort to using the bed or floor the other cats (we have 6 total) take notice and all come over to sit on whatever I've put down.

Oh well, life in an open loft with curious critters. : )