View Single Post
Old 04-05-2019, 06:29 AM
Kwiltr

Originally Posted by quiltingshorttimer View Post
I had only recently started my Modern Patchwork subscription--got 2 issues I think. Already was taking Quiltmaker (I particularly like that they give detailed ideas on quilting, include EQ8 ways you can change up many of the patterns and also usually have at least one that they give directions on using Accuquilt too) so when they dropped MP, I got the Quiltmaker extended--so if it makes it I'll be getting it forever almost.
But I was disappointed as I'd recently dropped my McCalls, and was wanting a more modern quilt mag--now I'm getting American Patchwork (price just too darn low on an offer); Quiltmaker and Today's Quilting (one from the UK)
Wish there was a good modern one and a good machine quilting one,too.
Thank you for your comments! Now I’m really looking forward to my Quiltmaker Magazine . I was also wanting a Modern Quilt focused magazine, hence my disappointment. However, there is a digital magazine I’ve been on the fence about subscribing to called Make Modern which I believe is out of Australia. I follow them on Instagram and am keeping an eye on their postings . I have a couple of digital magazines I purchased from other publishers, but I haven’t been able to print patterns that they have in them, which kind of frustrates me, so I’m still on the fence. I think I should just try buying one issue of Make Modern and assess. Maybe it’s something we’d both enjoy .