View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 08:44 AM
Feathers

[quote=Favorite Fabrics]That's really very nice... and it looks like it only uses three fabrics! Two of which really set the tone.

If you were making them for gifts... and you got very familiar with the pattern (as in, you're through the learning curve) ... how long do you think it would take, start to finish?[/quote

Thank you ALL for the nice compliments. I have a round table when I don't have the leaves in it and this table topper is perfect! Tablerunners usually seem too big for the table but this topper just fits! I love it.

Fav Fabric: I have about 3 1/2 hours in this table mat. I learned while taking the class that the one important time saver is to LABEL each stack of pieces as some folks got very confused on the directions . My feeling is, when I cut out all the pieces I will cut the fabric for 4 or 5 tablemats all at the same time...(I DON'T MEAN STACKING ALL THE FABRIC ON TOP OF EACH OTHER, I JUST MEAN WHEN I'M CUTTING THE STRIPS FOR ONE MAT, I'LL CUT THE SAME STRIPS OUT OF ALL THE FABRIC FOR ALL THE MATS I'M MAKING) all the 6 1/2 inchers, all the 3 1/3 inchers, 9 3/4 inchers then separate them by the tablemat they will be used in then start speed sewing. When I do this, I'll post a picture and keep track of the time spent if you wish.