View Single Post
Old 04-06-2019, 06:23 AM
Iceblossom

Connie, I love that top --it's very me -- but I understand. We each have our design sensibilities and what we like, and what we prefer. I'm just not one much for samplers although I've seen many that I like, it's just not how I'm wired.

I've been a sloth the last couple of days. Still have to do those same 7 seams to finish the Not Quite Y2K, but I have been continuing to prewash and iron. Some times I just wonder about some of these scraps I get, one is about 3/4 yard of Michael Miller, lovely blue wavy stuff. Right in the middle of the edge (and the design is about a 2" repeat so no particular need) there is a roughly 4" chunk missing. Oh well, at least this time it's on the edge and not right in the middle of the piece. I ripped off about a 6" chunk to give me a straight of grain on the bulk of the piece and chunk piece goes into the crumb box.

Yesterday I was ready to start sewing but I had some hand wash stuff soaking in the bathroom sink and when I let the drain out, it backed up into the bathtub and didn't go down, first time anything like that has happened in 25 years. So I spent some time with a plumbers snake, plunger, and ultimately drain cleaner (we have a septic system so that is the last choice).

Hubby is home all weekend, it's not that he springs it on me but I had understood that he would be working today. To be fair, on Monday he did think he'd be working today. I told him last night I still had sewing to do in the morning but maybe we could go out for a walk in the afternoon. I have really bad insomnia (aka quilting time!) and would be in the sewing room now instead of the computer except it is the other side of the bedroom wall and he is still sleeping.