View Single Post
Old 04-06-2019, 07:20 AM
Bug Lady

Originally Posted by vschieve View Post
My DNA, believe it or not, from 23andMe revealed that my fix is for more coffee than my other shared DNA relatives, although there is one cousin, from my mother's side, that is right behind me! Our beans are organic from Sprouts Farmer's Market, and I grind them fresh each morning, and brew them in my Krups, "made in Germany" coffee maker. Love, Love Love the smell of brewing coffee.

I think I inherited this love of coffee from my maternal grandmother. She told me a story once when she was a young girl, that is snowed in April, in central Texas. She said it was a cold morning, and she always helped her mother roast the green coffee beans in the oven, let them cool, then grind them and coffee was ready for her dad and the oldest two of her five older brothers. Anytime as I was growing up and spent the night upstairs in my grandparent's home, it would be the smell of the coffee, bacon frying, and the rooster crowing while the sunrise was coming in the eastern window that would be my alarm clock. Grandma always had coffee for everyone. Must have been her DNA!

I just thought to myself, not in my lifetime will I see snow in central Texas in April, but several years ago, I did see it, late in the day on Easter Eve!!
I remember that as I live in Round Rock--I had forgotten about that. Thanks for the memory lane experience.
Karen