Thread: Red Experiment
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2019, 08:47 AM
ekuw

Originally Posted by Snooze2978 View Post
Nice quilt and love your fabrics. Its always great when we can use what we have in our stash including scraps. I'm on a "No Fabric" this year so its been fun to see just how far I can go with no buying any fabrics for my projects. So far I'm done well and this is since last October. Only had to buy 4 fat qtrs to finish a project I had already started before I put myself on this no buying theme. Been using scraps from other projects just finished or from my stash. Have 2 projects in the works all from scraps, pre-cuts or a little yardage only. Just finished a large quilt using the scraps from a previous large quilt and yardage for the borders only. I'm on my 6th month now so I'm feeling pretty good about myself.
I am on a self imposed "no fabric buying" as well. I've been doing good so far. I really don't have that much red in my stash so I was pretty happy that I only had to buy a half yard for this quilt. Got the backing a while ago at Goodwill for about $4, so I felt pretty good about this one. My current strategy to keep with the no fabric buying is finding the backing fabric first and then deciding what the top will be like based on the colors in the backing. I kept running into that problem; using stash for the top then having to spend $20-$40 for the back. I guess in a sense it is reverse engineering. No point in having a bunch of big pieces of fabric suitable for backs if they don't match anything.