Old 04-11-2019, 11:43 AM
charley26

I managed to get the bobbin winder of my machine but I did not take it apart. Just hours of cleaning, very fine steel wool, oil, toothpick, old tooth brush, metal polish, and elbow grease. It also worked at the end of all that, by was not shiny - I did not worry about it. The tension unit is a much easier animal to take apart, but I would suggest that you photograph each stage, and place each item safely somewhere as you remove it - so you can put it back together. Much easier to clean though. I did not remove the central pin, just all the pieces you can see. When you remove the face plate you can see the insides, again I used old tooth brush, dental floss, dental sticks, metal polish, steel wool, oil, many hours spent on it, but the sense of achievement was wonderful. My kitchen looked like a workshop for several days!
Some photos of the tension unit; after the face plate removal, the working bobbin winder. I think yours may come up better than mine.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]611469[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]611470[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]611471[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]611472[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_0007.jpg   img_0005.jpg   img_0006.jpg   img_0325.jpg