View Single Post
Old 04-13-2019, 09:20 AM
quiltingcandy

I view my quilting like I viewed my time in HS taking P.E. As long as I am doing my best then I am happy. I do dither about colors a lot because I need help, my daughter has an artistic eye so I am forever asking her opinion. But my dear quilting friend has told me over and over, no one knows what color was intended so you can use whatever you like. Last year I made a Halloween quilt for myself and spent the money to have it quilted. I am thrilled with that quilt and I know I could not do it as well as they could.

Many years ago I went to an Amish show, I bought a pot holder. It has a star center and it isn't perfect. I love it for that reason and works as an inspiration for me.

Also, I enjoy going to the local quilt shows just as much as the major shows like the Road to CA. At the local shows I find most people quilt like I do and they are willing to display it for all to see. So I am encouraged by this. It's fun to see the work of the Master Quilters but I want my quilts to be used. My Niece and her family are Seahawks and Mariner fans, the sports fabric is 60 inch wide, so all I did was made a quilt sandwich, simple serpentine stitch to quilt it, put on a binding to match both sides, very simple, and they love it! They keep it out year round. Honestly I made it just for fun.

Last edited by quiltingcandy; 04-13-2019 at 09:25 AM.