View Single Post
Old 04-14-2019, 03:38 PM
Barb in Louisiana

I figured out the pattern by taking pictures of each different part in the YouTube video. The measurements are very clear because they are laid out on a 1" grid cutting board. I took the pictures and made note of the measurements of each finished part. In order to draw it in EQ7, I had to combine the 4 blocks that made up the corner blocks and draw them as a single block that is 20x20 finished. There are 4 parts to each corner, so will be easy to piece. The strips used are 2.5 inches that finish at 2 inches.

The block size changed for the middle and instead of the 10 inch blocks that were part of the 20 inch corners, they became 8 inches to make the center star. I drew this as an 8x20 inch sashing leading to the middle solid color block. All the strips in these finish at 2 inches. The first border is 5 inches wide on the top & bottom and 3 inches wide on the sides. The next border is supposed to be a pieced border. The piano strips are 2 inches wide finished. The top & bottom border is 5 inches wide finished and the sides are 4 inches wide finished. When you add the binding of 1/2 inch finished, the quilt should measure very close to 63x69. My version of the Patriotic Starburst but without the piano border.

Edited to add: Hancock's of Paducah's version has square corners. I have no idea where the difference is in the measurements between my version & the official one. This is my version of the free pattern.
Attached Thumbnails starburst-63x69.bmp  

Last edited by Barb in Louisiana; 04-14-2019 at 03:44 PM.