View Single Post
Old 04-15-2019, 10:16 AM
Janice McC

Don’t forget to add that Lady Liberty resides in New Jersey, not New York. I bet showing you GD the sights will be exciting. Enjoy it!
Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
Kass - you husband will be the envy of all. Love how you make them for him.
Hav4 - you are sewing up a storm - and all beautifully done too!
I wish I had flowers to post. We don't have a lawn - and I can't grow anything in AZ. I have killed even herbs! So I look and enjoy others - at least I won't have to pay anyone to take care of landscaping while we travel!
I have made a few blocks for me - and suddenly realized I won't have much time to put the blocks together next month before we leave. Making me very sad. But my time in NY is already getting scheduled by family. My 13yo GD wants to see "the lady in the water" meaning the Statue of Liberty! and she also wants to go to Art Museums in NYC. So there is two full days already!
I do love taking this age into NYC. To go to Liberty - I always say - imagine you are coming to America, speaking only English, and finding someone else who speaks English to ask for help. They think it is a truly strange notion, until we start in China Town, and then got on the boat, and they do not hear one person speaking English! Too fun!
Its a beautiful day today so hung out the laundry to dry and going to do some sewing with the group!!