Thread: Quite a day!
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2019, 04:03 PM
DJ

Default Quite a day!

A friend picked me up yesterday morning at 10 to go to Ben Franklin to look for the fabric I've been searching for. Of course, they didn’t have it. So, of course, we started perusing other wonderful fabric and I mentioned wanting to make a quilt for my DGSon (4 months old). I haven’t made him one yet because I just haven’t had the inspiration. At a seminar we had attended on Saturday, they were showing some quilt books for “3-yard quilts”. So when you find fabric for a quilt and don’t know how much to buy, you know you can buy 1 yard of 3 coordinating fabrics and pick a pattern from the book. Well, we didn’t get the book, but at Ben Franklin I did find some adorable fabric on the reduced-price tables that would be perfect for baby's quilt. Then I proceeded to find, not 2, but 3 coordinating fabrics (2 from the reduced-price tables). They did have one of the books, but it’s pricey and I wasn’t enthused about any of the quilts in that book. So I purchased 1 yard of each of 4 fabrics; came home and happily found the websites of the book author, and low-and-behold she had one of the patterns for free download on her site, and I liked it. From there I wanted to figure out how to use 4 fabrics rather than 3, so after some time on the computer I came up with a plan. I can’t wait to get started.

The website is fabriccafe.com.

On the way home, we decided to stop at a garage sale. WOW! The dearly departed had been a “master quilter”, so her SABLE was amazing! Much of it wasn’t really to our taste, but we did manage to pick up a bag of fabric to add to our own SABLE. (Stash Acquired Beyond Life Expectancy)