Old 04-17-2019, 05:45 AM
dublb

Oh they are beautiful, SBG! I just loooove Star Gazer Lillys!
Yesterday was Guild meeting in Brownwood. It was a very fun day. We all ate lunch at The Cotton Patch afterward. Then I was the only one who went to the Sew & Share. The Owner & I had a good time talking while I pressed & cut. She quilted a quilt on the Long Arm. OK we talked between her passes. It is kinda hard to talk while that machine is running. When I left she only needed to make 1 more pass. I am so glad that I took DFGD's Jelly Roll Race quilt that I cut too many times, as she pointed out that the fabrics will match so it is gonna be OK to just sew it straight across once it is squared up. (Don't get carried away when making a Jelly Roll Race quilt & cut it too many times!) So I pressed the seams & then squared up both sides. It did take most of the time I was there to get those seams pressed open.
This morning is just beautiful. It is cloudy but not too much. Most of the seeds are up in the shady flower bed in front of the porch, most of the Larkspur are up, the Cosmos are coming up & 2 Morning Glories are up. I do hope it doesn't get too hot before the Larkspur bloom. Some years it does & some years it doesn't. It is better if Larkspur is planted in the fall like the Bluebonnets. I have been successful a few times planting it in the Spring. I didn't find any last fall when I wanted to plant 'em. I'm thinking of getting DD to pick some more Larkspure seed for me in Fredricksburg this week. That way I will have some this Fall.
Well the DGK's are coming this morning so I guess I'd better get a move on.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 04-17-2019 at 01:43 PM. Reason: shouting/ all caps