Old 04-17-2019, 02:58 PM
Honchey

Default Scrappy Winter/Holiday & Neutral 9 Patch Block Swap Sign-ups end May 1st.

Now's the time to start a winter project!

Join us for a very fun way to use up your scraps!

Please read this entire post!

The scrappy 9 patch blocks will be made using 5 winter/holiday 2.5"squares and 4 2.5" neutrals .
Neutrals will be shades of cream, very light beige. NO whites.

Sign ups require a commitment to communicate. You will be required to check in with your thread at least once a week, so we know you are still involved. Post your pics of blocks or anything else you are working on, reply to other’s pictures and comments, or chat a bit. The nice community in this group is dependent on all of you posting and sharing.

Also, if I need to pm or email you, I expect you to respond in a timely manner, (not longer than 48 hours). Failure to do so may result in your being banned from future 9P swaps.

Sign ups are open until May 1st . Blocks must be here in my hands no later than May 25th. I will be going back to NC the first week in June so the bags Must be in my hands by then for swapping.

The scrappy 9 patch blocks will be made using 5 winter/holiday fabric squares and 4 neutrals .
Neutrals will be shades of cream, very light beige. NO whites.

We are swapping sets of 10 blocks per bag, up to 10 bags. Each bag must contain 10 completely different blocks (no fabric repeats in a bag.) This shouldn't be a problem if you are using scraps. Each bag can contain the same set of fabrics, just no duplicates in any one set of ten.. I need the bags ready to swap bag-for bag.

You will need quart size bags (not sandwich) to accommodate the size of the blocks. Please put your board name on each bag. Before mailing, put all your bags into a big gallon bag with your name and address clearly on the bag, along with your board name. Then ship in either a tyvek or padded flat rate envelope. No paper envelopes, as they don’t hold up. Be sure to include your return postage! The fees for the padded flat rate envelopes I will use for return U.S. shipping is $8. Do not send me stamps or stamped envelopes!

Please use good fabric in your blocks… like you would hope to receive. 100% cotton, only. No thin fabrics. If you have to starch it to make it acceptable, don’t use it for this swap. Prewashed or not really doesn’t matter in pieces
hing else you are working on, reply to other’s pictures and comments, or chat a bit. The nice community in this group is dependent on all of you posting and sharing

We are swapping sets of 10 blocks per bag, up to 10 bags. Each bag must contain 10 completely different blocks (no fabric repeats in a bag.) This shouldn't be a problem if you are using scraps. Each bag can contain the same set of fabrics, just no duplicates in any one set of ten.. I need the bags ready to swap bag-for bag by the deadline of May 25th.

Your finished blocks Must measure 6.5”. let’s strive to get 6.5" blocks. If they come out smaller, it is your responsibility to adjust seams or remake them, to get them to 6.5". The center square in each row should be 2" square. Please try to keep your seams minimum to a scant 1/4". seams less than that won't hold up very well.

Each block needs to be trimmed of excess thread and pressed. No Wonky blocks please.

As always, regular Quilting Board swap rules apply: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...-a-t20154.html

Sign up by pm’ing me your real name and address, and your email address. I will include my address when I confirm your PM to me.

Let's get started!!!