View Single Post
Old 04-18-2019, 04:42 AM
Onebyone
Power Poster

I have been going for years. It's my me time so I go alone. One thing I learned is to take time to watch all the demos. Many new notions and tools are demostrated and there is usually a show discount. I don't buy a lot of fabric there, not even at Hancocks. I don't think the sale prices are saving me that much. I love Quilt in a Day. Check to see if tickets are available for Eleanor's show. If not you can stand in back. She has two places. One is the shop and one is the warehouse around the corner from the shop. She has the best prices on tools, rulers, etc. Paper Pieces is a fun place to visit. Finkle building is full of vendors, Rotary Club has quilts and vendors, many vendors in historic downtown. If you aren't driving you can ride the shuttle bus. Buses take more time to get around so plan for that. The Marshmallow Pavilion is apart from the convention center and it's full of vendors. The show at the convention center is two stories so don't forget to go upstairs. Food lines are long at lunch time so if you want until then you will waste at least an hour or more. Take a water bottle and refill. Pictures of quilts are okay to take but no pictures allowed at the vendor booths. You will have an amazing time and love every minute of it.

I drive and haven't had any parking problems at any of the places. Traffic is not congested just busy around the convention center. If you park at the convention center get there before the show opens and pay for parking at the center. You can walk to everywhere from there, the museum is across the street, downtown is a few blocks away, Quilt in a Day is walkable and Paper Pieces shop or you can take the shuttle bus to any of those places and back again to the show. I drive to Rotary Club and Hancocks. Parking isn't a problem so I don't know why anyone would drive there and wait in a lot for a bus.

Last edited by Onebyone; 04-18-2019 at 04:55 AM.