View Single Post
Old 04-18-2019, 01:47 PM
Kelsie

Default My heart went pit-a-pat but...

We pulled into a thrift store and parked to the right of the driveway. There is someone pulled up to the left side at the door. He is unloading the car. I have just started walking over when I see a 6" curve of wood over top of his arm. I break into a jog to get there quickly. He hands it to a staff person and she asks me to open the door for her. I replied, "Sure, if I can have a peak under that cover." Unfortunately 1/2 the decals are missing and the case has been dropped on the corner and split all the way up to the dome. DH says I can't repair that. It was a hand crank but the crank has a big bolt on the end and a piece of plastic over the shaft. I didn't recognize the decals - some red but not a red eye. I have spent quite a bit of time looking at decals in the archival threads. A Singer but perhaps British or Canadian decals. I will have to start taking the camera with me so when things like this come up I can take a picture. As you have probably gathered, I let this one off the hook. This is the closest I have come to finding one in the wild.