View Single Post
Old 04-19-2019, 07:04 AM
Iceblossom

Originally Posted by humbird View Post
Wow Iceblossom, this sounds like quite an undertaking! I hope you post photos of the work in progress, and the finished quilt. Sounds lovely. A labor of love!
Well right now the fabric has been collected together as have the embellishments and even the quilting thread and pattern! I have a vision but it will be a long term process. Partly because this is not the way I usually work, any of the pictorial, contemporary, paper pieced, or embellished aspects! I think it will be roughly queen sized but we'll see how we go and it might end up more twin/couch, but still largish.

Getting closer to ten years ago now that I was diagnosed with my vision issues and I started purging my stash. As part of the process I was putting like with like and was really surprised when I ended up with an entire box of "farm". I'm looking forward to using all these diverse fabrics from cartoony to super realistic. And once the top is done, those remaining fabrics will be set free either given away or used in donation quilts -- win/win for all.