View Single Post
Old 04-19-2019, 02:49 PM
quilt9226

I have not attended for a few years but my suggestion is go to the show, hit the vendors first and then the show and take your patience with you, especially if you want to see and photograph the Best in show and the other award winners. We found that there were small communities around Paducah that had quilt shows. If you have a chance go to some on those communities like Benton and go to the Kentucky Lakes there are small towns all around that have antique shops - we always found treasures. The area is lovely if you get tired of all traffic. Hancocks is an adventure. Again, take your patience with you. Unless blue laws have changed, The county is "Dry" so if you want alcohol, Paducah serves it. Ohv yeah, he dogwoods should be in bloom. Have fun. One of my fondest memories was in a small Kentucky town (I think it was Maurice) about 40 miles from Paducah. I was with a group led by a quilt shop owner. We were staying in a motel circa 1950s. We woke up one morning to hear Diane yelling from the courtyard "They have fabric!" She went to the hardware store next door to buy batteries and found fabric. All of us were over there in a flash.