View Single Post
Old 04-21-2019, 05:44 AM
Iceblossom

I've been working on my purple quilt as part of the virtual quilting weekend, but real life has been getting in the way of sewing which is not necessarily a bad thing. Yesterday we had a lovely day, took my mom out to surprise lunch since there won't be a family get together today, we also helped her with adjusting her cable controllers to work the TVs instead of using a different controller for on/off. Then after we got back from that we went to a bonfire a friend of the hubby was having. It was a nice day, started out cold and looking like rain but ended up nice in the late afternoon.

Today I have some more sewing to do, I'm finishing up pinning the white-on-white fabrics together. I already know I had a couple of pieces inside out from when I drew lines on them, but I think I've done a really good job other than those to keep them right side up. Any that are inside out are staying that way. Goal for today is to sew and press them, if I'm ambitious I may start adding the final colored piece to each unit so I can start pinning the quarter units at Tuesday group -- but the reality may be that I will be pinning on the colors there.

Hubby is catching the allure of thrift store shopping and is understanding why I go regularly... He's lost so much weight over the past year (over a hundred pounds lost!! last year alone) and for the first time in basically all his life he is starting to care about his clothes. He is just as gleeful when he finds a brand new pair of Wranglers or a shirt in his size with the store tags still attached as when I find a piece of vintage fabric. BTW, that abstract football piece is almost 4 yards! and I've taken apart the quilt project but haven't prewashed it yet. Found a selvedge that the main piece is Michael Miller, I think the others are from the same line or are at least similar quality, they go in color and style with the big bag of scraps I bought a month or so back but have a plan to use. So there may be buying temptations put in front of me today, I shall try to stay calm and not buy.