Old 04-21-2019, 02:12 PM
Kelsie

I think what you might have is a "marriage", that is the term used to describe the joining of two pieces that didn't initially go together. The middle section as you point out is for display. The base is very large but if you think of the need to lift the display section up, it makes sense. The base also prevents you from bringing a chair or even standing close to the unit. All of the unit is open for display except for the roll top section - perhaps 20% - why? Some companies did "end-of-day" items, whether it was molten glass or the last items on the table when constructing paper Valentines (Victorian ones) or Christmas decorations. Perhaps this factory was closing down and they decided to use what was there or perhaps it was a dare. Both my husband and I have been into antiques all our lives. He had two businesses back East and we had one together for 12 years. We have never seen one like yours. It is definitely different. I always liked having something different. Enjoy using it. Will the mystery ever be solved?

Last edited by Kelsie; 04-21-2019 at 02:26 PM.