Old 02-23-2010, 02:23 PM
Candace

O.K. here's the story on this one. I bought a lot of fabric from the niece of a quilter. She died and the niece was selling her things. In the lot were several partially done blocks and block sets. There were a bunch of unpieced half triangles. So, I sewed them up into blocks. I added my own sashing and backing fabric. I quilted in the ditch and then did a flower on each block in a light blue thread. So, stability isn't a factor, it's sewn enough to be a wallhanging. I'm close to out of the cornflower blue thread, so I'd have to make a special trip to the LQS for more. Do you think I need more quilting or is it done?

I could always add more quilting of course, but I think it's fine as is? I don't want to detract from the flowers. I'm itching to bind it and call it a day..especially since it someone elses colors, fabric pick etc. I'm going to use some of this quilters fabric for the binding. I plan on sending a photo to the niece. I hope she likes it. I've got another quilt from this woman at the sandwiching stage.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-18409.jpe   attachment-18410.jpe