View Single Post
Old 04-23-2019, 08:19 AM
Iceblossom

The thrift stores have not been giving me fabric this past week, the hubby however has scored on some new shirts. They shut the plant down for the entire weekend so we had more time together than we had thought over the weekend which means I had less time to sew, but fortunately for me, I have no deadlines and love spending time with the hubby.

So I am where I planned to be on the purple quilt, which isn't quite the same as where I had hoped to be but still made it through all of the stage. Just finished pressing the last 8 sets of sub-units. Today at group I'll be pinning the purples to the sub-units, which will finally make complete quarter blocks, it will go fast until I run out of pins. Don't think I'll have anything to work on while I'm at my mom's so maybe I should grab my knitting time waster. Short form of the story: I bought yarn at the thrift store so that I could knit during the middle of the night when my insomnia was bad and I can't see because my specialty contacts are out and I am fully legally blind. Nothing fancy, just single knit stitch not overly well done. I'm actually pretty impressed with myself for knitting while blind, but it is just something to do and will eventually be a dog blanket.

I'm feeling a bit like a revolving door since hubby and I went out to Mom's on Saturday before Easter. But I think it was important to do something as this was the first year my Aunt didn't have Easter just down the road and my brother went to visit his long distance GF so Mom was alone.

Speaking of my precious-es, I'm taking that vintage football fabric to show off to the group. Usually I'm willing to share but until I know what I'm doing with this one, it's staying intact. I'm thinking I'm going to make my lucky football dress and that I have just enough for a nice full skirt and either a simple shirtwaist style top (but it has been serious decades since I last made a button hole) or maybe just a simple jewel neck line with scoop sleeves and zipper down the back or side. Definitely retro style.

Time to finish packing my bags and car and get going on my day!