View Single Post
Old 04-23-2019, 05:12 PM
mtboze

Default Accessory hardware inBentwood Case Lid

I just got a 1929 Model 99, with bentwood case and knee controller. I'm having difficulty figuring out what the attachment hardware in the lid is for, and how the knee controller arm is supposed to be stored there.

It seems likely that largest piece of hardware is for a box that would hold sewing attachments, but it doesn't fit either of the two boxes I have. I thought at first that it might have been to hold a foot pedal, but then remembered that this machine was knee-controlled.

Another piece looked like it might hold a short, oblong oil can, but the green can I have is much too large.

The last and smallest fitting seems like it should hold an end of the knee lever, but neither end will fit in it, and I can't see any obvious orientation of the lever that would allow it to be attached inside the lid.

There are no other holes inside the case lid where other fitting might have been attached at one time, except for a couple inside a shallow, round indention on one end of the case, partially covered by the largest attachment fitting.

The photos should, hopefully, illustrate what I am trying to describe. Any information would be greatly appreciated.[ATTACH=CONFIG]612000[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]612001[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_2110-2.jpeg   img_2111.jpeg