View Single Post
Old 04-26-2019, 10:11 AM
grann of 6

Well, I have failed miserably once again. Yesterday my friend dragged me kicking and screaming out to a store we had never been to, to buy border and backing fabric for a quilt she is working on. I did great at the first store, bought nothing, but after we stopped for lunch on our way home we passed our FQS (Favorite Quilt Shop) and of course we just HAD to stop to say hello. This is the place that has the $5 fabric, one bin is just clearance for $5 and the other is finish the bolt for $5. Well, between the two of us we decimated both bins. I ended up with 31 yards, much of it is for backings, but sadly, there is no definite plan for any of it. You can only stay away from chocolate just so long, and bang, you end up eating the whole bag.

I am assembling my Shadow Box quilt made of Wildflowers IX, have it half together. This is quilt #17 for me this year so far. Some of them have been smallish quilts, good for the cancer center gifting. But several have been queen size, as is the Shadow Box quilt. The next quilt will be another stash buster, just haven't decided what pattern to use.