View Single Post
Old 04-26-2019, 10:24 AM
rryder

Good ideas for leftover batting, NoraB! I had been painting smaller scraps of batting and using them in art quilts, but I seem to have too many of those now LOL! I tackled my scrap bucket yesterday and got though most of it. I still have a number of scraps that are too small to get anything other than a 2" square out of, and I'll be working on those off an on for the next couple of days-- mainly when I want to take a break from doing other things.

My big organization accomplishment yesterday was sorting my "precuts" by color. I had previously only sorted them by size and value (darks versus lights) but that has gotten unwieldy. A couple of months ago I came across some nice three drawer units from Target where the inside of the drawers was 12" x 12" (or maybe 14" x 14")--- anyway, they are big enough to hold a 12" block and they are only 2 to 3" deep. I moved all my orphan blocks and several UFOs out of those drawers yesterday and instead devoted one drawer to each color-, red, yellow, blue, green, purple, orange, black, and white. Each drawer contains 5 inch squares in light, med and dark stacks, a stack of 3 inch squares and stacks of 2 inch squares in light, med and dark. So now if I want a dark red 5" square, I just go to the red drawer and there it is! How cool is that?

Rob