View Single Post
Old 04-26-2019, 11:14 AM
Oofta

[QUOTE=MarionsQuilts;8245125]
Originally Posted by Oofta View Post
Can't wait to see it finished. I do have 3 questions. #1 What do you use to mark your quilts? #2 Do you have a stitch regulator on your domestic machine #3 what method do you use to sandwich your quilt in preparation for the wrestling match?

Thanks all for the comments!

I use crayola markers for kids - the washable kind. The markings have come off no matter what I do with them! I have ironed over them, starched over them, ironed again ... etc. I've never had any issues. Also, if you make a mistake on a section, you can just spritz it with water from a water bottle and the markings come off, and you don't have to start all over again!

I don't know if I have stitch regulator LOL I have the brother dreamweaver 6200 and I do all my FMQ on that.

I use spray baste to hold it all together. I flat out do not have the patience to pin everything into place. And the best part about spray baste - it lasts for months (or until you wash it out). I have spray basted quilts and they have sat for 3-4 months before I got around to quilting it and they were still fine.

Also, with the spray baste, I can roll the quilt up, fold it, scrunch it and I have no problems at all!
Thanks so much for the information. I'm on my way to Wally World to get some crayola markers for kids!!!!
I have used spray baste on small projects and love it. Just haven't had the courage to try it on a larger quilt.
I guess that's my next challenge.