View Single Post
Old 04-27-2019, 07:30 PM
AnInspiredMess

Hi Suni and bracket -

It is nice to be involved in a unique machine project with other people. Hope we can share our lessons-learned and resources for getting these beauties up and running again!

I ordered a rubber motor pulley today that is not exactly the same, but it's the closest I've found. I believe it will fit onto the motor pulley "post" (hole diameter seems to be the same) on the White 43 and the outer diameter of the rubber tire is the same. The only thing that is different is the slant....or cone shape of the rubber tire on the original. The one I ordered does not have the slant - the width of the tire is a consistent diameter (I hope that makes sense). I'm going to see if the one I ordered can be sanded down on one end to form the "slant". I'm also curious how critical the "slant" actually is. I'm assuming it regulates the speed of sewing (adjust to wider part of the tire for more friction/speed). Going to give it a trial run "as is" before I start the sanding effort. With all that said....I'm expecting the new friction pulley on Wednesday, May 1, so I will let you know if it works. It was less than $10 - a bargain if we can get our machines up and running!

Thanks for reaching out -
Cyndi J