View Single Post
Old 04-28-2019, 03:11 AM
Quiltah Mama

Originally Posted by SillySusan View Post
Aww, Grann! 31 yards is well over a minor lapse! What can we do to encourage you to stay away from those wonderful LQSs?! You find way too many super-duper sales!

The way I do it is to picture my stash upstairs like the load on the little donkey that can't stand another inch of fabric on its back! One more inch will cause the donkey to fall and come crashing through the ceiling and land in my kitchen! I picture the mess it would make... all the sheetrock, the dust, the rafters...

Maybe if you could picture something like this, you'd stay put in our wagon!
OMG your donkey image made me literally LOL. My sewing studio is upstairs, so it made me think.THanks for the laugh this AM.

Gof6, I hope your new iron sounds as cool as Donna Jordons does in her videos LOL. I am so glad I found her videos on Youtube, I just love watching her and love the sound effects.

Teen,congrats on the sale of your house, pretty soon you'll be settled in your new place and sewing up a storm. What a weight off your worries.

I enjoy reading this thread, the ones who fall of the wagon, the encouragement to get back on, the encouragement from others when one passes up temptation. I did not join this challenge, however, reading it helps me. I feel I am fortunate in that the nearest LQS is 45 minutes away, so that alone keeps my purchases down, and I very very rarely order fabric online, as remote history of doing this, I found, it shows up on my doorstep and the color is off from what I was looking for. Everyone here is great, I am so glad I found this forum last fall, keep the encouragement flowing everyone.