View Single Post
Old 04-29-2019, 06:25 AM
Three Dog Night

Default Quilt shows and men

I went to local quilt show near my home on Saturday and my husband accompanied me as I had entered a quilt I made for our grandson, it was his first quilt show. As we walked along I explained techniques and styles of quilting to him; pieced, appliqued, modern, quilted on DSM or longarm hand guided or computerized. He was in awe of the artistry of quilts and quilting methods, he pointed out methods and symmetry that he noticed. As one of the few men wandering the aisles it was interesting the number of women who commented to him that there was an area in the lobby with magazines where he could wait until I was finished looking at quilts and shopping. He commented to me as to why everyone assumed he wasn't enjoying himself or appreciating all the hard work of quilters. Yes there were men/husbands who chose the sitting area talking while their significant others strolled the aisles and seemed to be happy to be there.

My question is do your husband/significant other go with you to quilt shows and what has been their experience? Do they enjoy looking at the quilts or sit in an area and wait for you to finish.