View Single Post
Old 05-01-2019, 02:33 PM
Iceblossom

Judith, I'll be playing with several ideas. One is shading from light to dark along the diagonal. Or, diagonal rows of color which can often look like a dark/light checkerboard at first... might try horizontal rows. I am curious about the idea of the X with the triangles, haven't ever set a quilt like that before. On the other hand, I have rather recently done a diagonal row variation, and a shading light in the center to dark outsides. I'll take pictures as I try a few variations, sometimes something just seems more right even when we weren't going there in the first place.

I don't really know how many dark/light blocks I have, once the blocks are finished I'll do some sorting and counting. My feeling is I have about half "medium" some of which go towards redder/plum tones and one-third dark, and the remainder light with nothing super light. I only have one extra block usually I make more than that to play with if I don't have a layout firm in my mind.

I have sewn about half of the units together. Even pressed and pinned some of them for the last round of sewing. Another set is waiting to be pressed, with more still back at the machine but it's time for a dinner break with the hubby

Edit -- forgot to mention I had another concept for those rectangles using stash fabrics, I think I have a sizeable piece of a navy solid. I have lots of homespun plaids, some of which are red-white-blue for bigger bars, and I was recently given a bag of small scraps of star prints for the smaller squares. Or I like the earth toned plaids set with a medium tan. This might become one of my go-to projects.

Last edited by Iceblossom; 05-01-2019 at 02:37 PM.